Sweet Potato Stir Fry Offers Double the Energy!
The Sweet Potato Stir-Fry is my all time favorite recipe and the meal I eat the night before a race, no question about it. But after a 10-mile run in the AZ heat followed by Power Hot Yoga, this exhausted girl realized that my beloved recipe makes for a great post workout meal as well! The Sweet Potato Stir-Fry provides a healthy, balanced meal that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Sweet Potato Stir-Fry
1 C. water
1/2 C quinoa
1 medium sweet potato
4 tsp. canola oil
12 oz. chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
1 medium onion
1 medium red bell pepper
1 garlic clove (diced)
1 tsp. cumin
1 C. frozen peas
1 jalapeno chile pepper (or NM green chile)
salt & pepper to taste
- Combine water with quinoa and boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until water is absorbed (12-15 minutes).
- Boil sweet potato in water (3-4 minutes).
- Heat 2 tsp. oil and cook chicken until starting to brown (transfer to bowl).
- Add 2 tsp. oil to pan and cook onion and jalapeno for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper, garlic and cumin. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in peas and chicken. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and sweet potato. Cook, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt & pepper.