“Day Before the Race” Checklist
Approaching an unusual 15K race distance tomorrow, I decided to create a simple “day before the race” checklist that is applicable for any event from a 5K run to a marathon:
- Hydrate and limit excessive caffeine intake.
- Drink a nutritious smoothie using Coconut Water as the base for extra hydration.
- Go for a light jog to get the blood flowing and the muscles loose.
- Practice some gentle Yoga.
- Utilize a foam roller or Yoga Blocks to break up fascia in the legs.
- Soak in a hot bath with Epsom Salt.
- Prepare and munch on Energy Balls.
- Eat an well-balanced, energy packed meal early in the evening. My personal favorite is the Sweet Potato Stir-Fry!
- Go to bed early and sleep well.
It’s important to eliminate any unnecessary physical or mental stress the day before a race. Your training is done, your body is ready – so just go out, do your best, and have fun! And whatever you do, just breathe. 🙂
Leave a Reply